Council Of Ten

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A 10 man elite raid group Dunemaul EU

+2
Teyrnon
milkmyudders
6 posters

Blood Queen Lana'thel

milkmyudders
    milkmyudders
    Admin

Blood Queen Lana'thel Empty Blood Queen Lana'thel

Post  milkmyudders Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:30 am

Wowiki doesnt seem to have a stradgy for 10 man so ill link the tips and make some brief notes for us. This boss is a gear check so shud be fun Smile.

Key points lots of aoe raid healing is needed.

You will get something more or less the same as fel fire from Lord Jaraxxas 2cnd boss in TOC treat that the same as you would anything else.

Other main ability is Pact of the dark fallen. We need to keep the middle clear for this so tanked in a D shape with ranged spaced out from the boss so we can run through the middle to eachother.

Important note from youtube comments "
    fancypony @Bls61793 When she bites the first raid member (which is not random as stated in the video, it's the dps with the highest threat) they will have their damage increased greatly. There will be a debuff with a countdown on you, when the countdown reaches zero all of the spells on your action bar will be removed & there will only be 1 spell, which will be your bite spell. Target another player & press 1."

Tips
    * Use Fear Ward on ranged DPS or a priest before she fears the raid to put in some extra damage or to dispel fear. Or use both our temor totems 2 shamans ftw
    * For 10-man at least, it is possible to have a holy pally OT and heal by beaconing himself if your MT is over geared for the fight. We could possibly do this so we can get an extra dps if needed.

OR we have mork dps and just soak? this would work to.
    Teyrnon
    Teyrnon
    Admin

Blood Queen Lana'thel Empty Re: Blood Queen Lana'thel

Post  Teyrnon Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:40 am

shes obviously a chinese gold farmer
    Teyrnon
    Teyrnon
    Admin

Post  Teyrnon Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:43 am

aye if mork stays in tank gear and goes dps should be good i guess
    morkraw
    morkraw

Post  morkraw Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:52 pm

this is my "i have seen the tactics video" post
    Lexmeister
    Lexmeister
    Admin

Post  Lexmeister Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:08 pm

By the way chaps, the buff will be going up to 15% this reset.
    deviel
    deviel

Post  deviel Wed May 19, 2010 8:31 am

After yesterdays clear and me finally understanding how the vampire stuff works, I've got a proposition for our next clear:

Instead of going all out(read: Bloodlust) when the first dps gets bitten, lets wait till at least two or three is bitten, as that will be an overall larger dps increase.

I think this will help us get farther away from the enrage timer Smile
    Tenlily
    Tenlily

Post  Tenlily Wed May 19, 2010 10:12 am

this would give everyone a little time to get used to the encounter (especially the DPS having been bitten) before they unload a can of whoopass only to forget to spread out, or move towards someone else with the debuff (i'll call it laz0r) laz0r.

Last edited by Tenlily on Wed May 19, 2010 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    milkmyudders
    milkmyudders
    Admin

Post  milkmyudders Wed May 19, 2010 10:35 am

Aye i wasnt sure how the mechanic fully worked i thought people gained a damage buff they then had to pass off the bite, they then loose the damage buff and gain a debuff removing them from who can be bitten.

But if its as devial says then ill drop it once 4 dps have got it.
    Tenlily
    Tenlily

Post  Tenlily Wed May 19, 2010 10:37 am

oh, they keep the buff of damage? sounds OP =O
    deviel
    deviel

Post  deviel Wed May 19, 2010 5:53 pm

A summary of the vampire stuff:

When you get bitten you gain the debuff Essence of the Blood Queen which increases your damage done by 100%, makes attacks heal caster(Healed for 10% of all damage inflicted) and your attacks no longer cause any threat(thus no worries for the tanks). This lasts for 75 seconds.

When the debuff runs out you gain another debuff called Frenzied Bloodthirst that lasts for 15 seconds. This debuff will swap out actionbar 1(the primary actionbar) and replace it with an empty bar except for one single ability. This ability needs to be used on a member of the raid that haven't been bitten before.

When you successfully bite someone you get back your normal actionbar, but you still have Essence of the Blood Queen. You will never get rid of this debuff during the encounter(Iceblock/bubble ect don't work), and will have to bite again after 75 new seconds.

This means that as the encounter progresses more and more people will have the debuff, and it will also be harder and harder to find someone new to bite as the number of people with the debuff will rise exponentially(1 -> 2 -> 4 -> 8 <- Really near enrage, and we shouldnt have to bite any more).

This demands a bit of planning / awareness on who to bite so people work together so its easy to bite. Reserve your bite victim so we won't have conflicts where two people tries to bite the same dude.
    Tenlily
    Tenlily

Post  Tenlily Wed May 19, 2010 5:57 pm

ahh so you want to hit bloodthirst after the first 2 people have bitten their victims (nos 3 & 4).
    this makes sense i was thinking it was like, one victim and you have to bite someone else and pass it on singularly, now i understand why the bites were a problem =P

cheers for the explain ^^
    deviel
    deviel

Post  deviel Wed May 19, 2010 6:39 pm

Yes, we might even wanna wait until 4 people have it(after the 3rd bite "session"), to secure maximum output during BL.

It is also very important that it is dps that gets the debuff first as this really only is a dps gear test.
    milkmyudders
    milkmyudders
    Admin

Post  milkmyudders Thu May 20, 2010 4:17 am

Lex me and forge were discussing it on vent and recon we should wait for 4 dps to be bitten as by then hopefully there dps trinkets and cds will be ready

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content