Council Of Ten

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A 10 man elite raid group Dunemaul EU

+2
morkraw
milkmyudders
6 posters

Anyone fancy playing some Magic the Gathering Online using OCTGN?

milkmyudders
    milkmyudders
    Admin

Anyone fancy playing some Magic the Gathering Online using OCTGN? Empty Anyone fancy playing some Magic the Gathering Online using OCTGN?

Post  milkmyudders Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:46 am

Right as im sure you have heard alot of us are starting to play magic again at our local clubs/shops and are having alot of fun Smile. So i have looked into a way to which we can play online and against eachother and compiled it all here.

What your going to need:

http://www.kickasstorrents.com/octgn-w-magic-the-gathering-2-8-t3429809.html

This torrent has 90% of all the current card sets. Once its downloaded you need to spend some time making sure all the files inside the set folders are in 1 folder. This makes it so much easier to patch. So go ahead and open all the folders up and drag out all the files into 1 folder.

Don't install OCTGN from this Torrent just extract all the sets into 1 folder.

Ok next you need to go here: for some reason this bugs out so go to www.mediafire .com/sets without the space between fire and .com

go to this folder "OCTGN 2 - Game Definitions & Other Files>1. Game Definition v1.0.x Close Sharing Tab" and download "Magic.v1.0.o8g" & "Markers.v1.0.[brine].o8s"
    Again place these files into the folder where all the other card sets are.

Now go to this folder from:www.mediafire .com/sets OCTGN 2>Sets>Single Set Files>B.Patches v0.0.2.x to 1.0 and download "Mtg-Patch-2010-06-27.o8p"
    Again place these files into the folder where all the other card sets are.

Once this is done go to OCTGN 2>Sets>Single Set Files>A. Set Files v1.0>Standard Legal Sets>Zendikar And download "Rise_of_the_Eldrazi.v1.0.[GO].o8s" & "Worldwake.v1.0.[GO].o8s"

Once you have downloaded worldwake and rize of the eldrazi files dump them into the folder with the rest of the card sets and where everything else is stored.

Now go here: http://www.octgn.net/downloads.php and press install OCTGN 2

Once its installed press "manage installed games" then press "install new game"
    Browse to the folder where everything you have downloaded is stored and the only file you can click on to use is the magic one so install it.

Then press "patch sets", click the patch file box and again open the folder where everythign is stored the patch file is the only one you can use.

Now Drag this folder into the folder box and hit ok.

Once it has all been patch press "install new Cards" again browse to the folder with all your set files in, note you can highlight all the cards and import them at once. e.g. CTRL+A then just hit ok.

Note some cards wont import but you will have nearly all cards in current mtg circulation with the exception of M11 cards but they were only released last friday i imagine that M11 set will be released soon.

Once its all setup come on vent and look for people wanting to play atm were probably going to use "hamachi" to play virtual lan games but ill sort something out:).

Any question please ask or if you get lost please say and ill try to walk you through it as best i can.

Links used in this and summary:
    http://www.kickasstorrents.com/octgn-w-magic-the-gathering-2-8-t3429809.html
    (torrent containing 90% of cards)
    www.mediafire .com/sets
    (Website with the MTG game plugin Patch and Newest card sets)
    http://www.octgn.net/downloads.php
    (octgb client)
    morkraw
    morkraw

Anyone fancy playing some Magic the Gathering Online using OCTGN? Empty Re: Anyone fancy playing some Magic the Gathering Online using OCTGN?

Post  morkraw Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:47 pm

just to indicate to everyone, ive started the download on this and will be up for playing tomorrow if anyone is interested
    milkmyudders
    milkmyudders
    Admin

Anyone fancy playing some Magic the Gathering Online using OCTGN? Empty Re: Anyone fancy playing some Magic the Gathering Online using OCTGN?

Post  milkmyudders Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:22 pm

Well i think donny will be intrested, mairs showed some intrest and i think snuggle would be up for it as well so that 3 more. Think devial and lightening cow enjoy playing to.
    Tenlily
    Tenlily

Post  Tenlily Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:48 am

chance of a bunch of mega upload links?
    i dislike torrents so haven't got them setup.

if not i'll need someone to walk me through setting it up =o
    morkraw
    morkraw

Post  morkraw Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:28 am

since we are playing standard legal you can get away without the torrent, you will just need to download magic 2010 from the mediafire page, that will be all thats in standard legal till m11 gets put up somewhere, once thats up m11 will be all thatsneeded rather than m10.

to be honest the majority of the torrent doesnt actually import anyway. so really the only sets you need are all on the mediafire page.
    Tenlily
    Tenlily

Post  Tenlily Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:44 am

installed, there's a low res M11 set in the recntly added section which i'm just gonna check out. then assemble my IRL decks for when i get them =P
    milkmyudders
    milkmyudders
    Admin

Post  milkmyudders Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:21 pm

Lighting cow is in our group is growing lets get snuggs invovled Smile
    morkraw
    morkraw

Post  morkraw Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:14 am

just an update on the guide in the original post:

you do NOT need the torrent, thhe majority of cardsets in the torrent do not load and are not legal for the most part anyway.

for those who do not wish to download the torrent, the guide is the exact same, minus the torrent downloading, with the additional requirement to download:

http://www.mediafire .com/?nwgmy13gygt
    http://www.mediafire .com/?jmyeteu1mki
    http://www.mediafire .com/?nnzdmoy125u
    http://www.mediafire .com/?negqou2zo2f
    http://www.mediafire .com/?yhgzvtzu5ym

download those 6 sets and add them into the folder, then follow the guide as normal.

-Edited by Rast the media fire links dont work they link to something on freeforums for some reason see " http://www.mediafire.com/?nwgmy13gygt " copy and paste and put back together in a new tab and they work. Also added Rise of the elderazi and Worldwake which are in the zendikar block and contain cards most of us use.
    milkmyudders
    milkmyudders
    Admin

Post  milkmyudders Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:03 pm

Also download and install Hamachi this is the VLAN program we use to connect to eachother on OCTGN https://secure.logmein.com/UK/products/free/
    milkmyudders
    milkmyudders
    Admin

Post  milkmyudders Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:37 am

For guys coming from the witch engine site our Hamachi server is as follow

NetworkID:octgnlol
    PW:1

open chat with anyone there to request a game.

or just pop into our vent and ask around no one will bite your head off so just come in Wink. Vent details are as follows:

Latest version of Vent what ever that is now will work.

Hostname or IP: uk3.ventriloservers.biz
    Port #: 3812
    P/W: suboissexy
    morkraw
    morkraw

Post  morkraw Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:24 am

interesting development:

polymorph cycled out with m10 so the emrakul deck i have been obliterating people with is slightly no longer legal.

which means people have until turn 6 to end the game, at which point i use mass polymorph instead to get it out

also: rast, for me the links go to something on the forum which shows in the centre of the screen where the link is going to go, and then takes you there. so they do work, atleast for me. its just a landing page so you dont click a link which says its going to google.com when its infact going to malwaredownload.com
    milkmyudders
    milkmyudders
    Admin

Post  milkmyudders Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:10 pm

The counter for black mono decks for it, and its a card i aprently should be keeping in my sideboard for mono black decks is this http://www.magicmadhouse.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_1177_1193&products_id=43420&osCsid=7d21ca447ba36b83cd49a7e343fb8aa9 Sadistic sacrment 3 black search target library for 3 cards exile them kicker 7 exile 15 cards instead
    Tenlily
    Tenlily

Post  Tenlily Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:03 pm

you should be careful playing monoblack though =s theres alot of things that'll cause the downfall, for example enchantments
    milkmyudders
    milkmyudders
    Admin

Post  milkmyudders Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:06 pm

well depends if the enchantments granted protection from balck probably but the deck i run has normally 12-16 cards which remove creatures or force the player to sacrifice the creature but yeah generally the risks of runnign 1 colour decks are when you come across has protection from etc.
    Tenlily
    Tenlily

Post  Tenlily Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:08 pm

Laneledge

Post  Laneledge Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:10 pm

Alreeet guys! I'm involved in this now and should be getting a few friends involved too XD

Get some nice multiways and hopefully some big sealed tourneys on the go as it were!

Btw,those 2 cards DO mess up mono black,but there a bit to situational for mono black to react too,plus it does have more things to worry about,such as control or jund.
    milkmyudders
    milkmyudders
    Admin

Post  milkmyudders Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:39 am

Welcome Smile guessing your the guy i spoke to on sunday whos name i forgot ^^. Any questions or issues setting it up just ask and ill try to help you out.

As said in the whitch engine post there are some issues with vista os and octgn 2 magic rules in that it randomly crash's i believe its currently being looked into though.
    Laneledge

Post  Laneledge Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:02 am

Yup Yup,Its Adam,just call me Laner though =)

Hey,its free,plus Vista suuuuucks pretty hard...does it work on windows 7?
    milkmyudders
    milkmyudders
    Admin

Post  milkmyudders Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:39 am

yeh im running 64bit windows 7 no issues Smile
    Laneledge

Post  Laneledge Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:44 am

We can play inabit if you want?
    morkraw
    morkraw

Post  morkraw Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:52 am

yeah as has been said, those cards will rape but they arent legal in standard (which is what we have been playing) and they are as has been said situational, its also worth pointing out cards like akroma's memorial are very slow to get out onto the field, most decks have done their damage already by the time they get 7 lands, particularly with a black vampires deck, or a liliana vess discard deck. relying on something like that to win you the game against a mono-black player is risky at best
    Phathoof

Post  Phathoof Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:43 am

Well, shit. I would really like to join, but unfortunately I need some of the incompatible sets. So I have to wait. This is dildos. Because I'm not a jebend and I play with cards that I own myself.
    Hi, btw.
    Lexmeister
    Lexmeister
    Admin

Post  Lexmeister Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:43 am

PHATHOOF. :O
    morkraw
    morkraw

Post  morkraw Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:22 am

update:

the octgnlol network is full, so if you are wanting to play with someone who isnt currently in the network, then both join:

netowrk: octgnlol2
    password: 1

this will solve the problem. please do not pre-emptively join this network unless you need to to look for someone to play with, otherwise the same situation will crop up again very quickly.
    Phathoof

Post  Phathoof Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:06 am

It seems I can play after all. Was able to assemble some of my decks. So I'm in for gooooooood.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 am